What do we need to bring?
This list is for guidance only: not all the items are required for every trek and in all seasons. For Day Excursions trainers or walking shoes and fleece or anorak will usually suffice. Sleeping bags are needed for camping and overnight in refuges and may be needed in guest houses. If necessary they can be hired.
If in doubt as to what to bring contact Ahmed once your trek is confirmed.
For some treks, particularly the ascent of Toubkal in Autmn and Winter, crampons and walking poles will be needed. They can be hired if required.
Essential items for most treks are highlighted in the list below:
- sleeping bag (sleeping mats are provided),
- stout walking boots,
- water purification tablets to treat river water (bottled water can sometimes be bought),
- warm clothing (preferably layers rather than one thick item),
- sun cream/block and sun hat
- swimming gear (for Lake Ifni and mountain pools),
- day pack (about 30+ litres),
- water bottle (1 litre minimum),
- walking pole(s),
- hat and gloves (especially early and late season),
- anorak (waterproof jacket and trousers).
- toilet paper.