What do we need to bring?
This list is for guidance only: not all the items are required for every trek and in all seasons. For Day Excursions trainers or walking shoes and fleece or anorak will usually suffice. Sleeping bags may be needed for camping and overnight in refuges but are not usually needed in guest houses. If necessary they can be hired.
For some treks, particularly the ascent of Toubkal in Autumn and Winter, crampons, ice axes and walking poles may be needed. They can be hired if required.
If in doubt as to what to bring contact Ahmed once your trek is confirmed.
Essential items for most treks are highlighted in the list below:
- sleeping bag (may be required, eg when camping) ,
- stout walking boots,(or walking shoes for some summer treks
- water purification tablets to treat river water when camping (bottled water can sometimes be bought),
- warm clothing (preferably layers rather than one thick item),
- sun cream/block and sun hat
- swimming gear (for Lake Ifni and mountain pools),
- day pack (for personal items),
- water bottle
- walking pole(s),
- hat and gloves (especially early and late season),
- anorak (waterproof jacket).
- toilet paper.
(if you use them)